Alfreton Fabrication are looking to recruit a Fabrication and Welding Apprentice to join their well-established company. Working within a busy environment and training on aspects of Welding and Fabrication alongside an experienced team.
Focusing on quality and continuous improvements in both our machinery and services, we are sub-contractors working to our Customer's designs or assisting with the design and development of their requirements. We can work from the most basic concepts or replicate broken or obsolete parts. Our objective is to give the best service, manufacturing the finished items to specification and on time.
Situated on the A38 near Alfreton, Derbyshire and close to J28 of the M1, we offer a delivery and collection service as required.
Accredited to Quality Standard ISO 9001:2015, our client list is diverse and includes companies working in:
- Chemical Composites
- Food Preparation
- Lifting and Handling Equipment inc. offshore
- Noise Compression
- Plastics Extrusion
- Water and Gas Carriers
- Recycling and Waste Handling
Summary of Role
The overall objective of the job is to:
- To undertake a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Fabrication and Welding leading to a nationally recognised qualification and accreditation. This will involve ‘day release' training at West Nottinghamshire College
- Work under close supervision commensurate with ‘on the job' training within the Company, contributing in an efficient, co-operative and constructive manner in all aspects of the business in which you become involved
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of tools required to fulfil the role.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with codes and legal regulations, support the development of a “Safety First” culture and raise any issues observed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under supervision, carry out such tasks and duties that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence. These will include:
- welding, fabrication and sheet metalwork, including shearing, folding etc.,
- measurement and inspection techniques,
- machining tasks,
- fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools and marking out,
- training in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and other proprietary software
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of either their or your work activities.
- Comply with all reasonable Management instructions and with all the rules and regulations laid down by the Company.
- Maintenance of equipment and tools required for your job to a standard which ensures that they are always available, in good working order, safe to use and report any repairs or maintenance required.
- Maintain quality standards of work in progress e.g. checking measurements, checking materials, checking work against drawings etc and raising any in-process quality issues with your supervisor
- Correct completion of all administrative tasks, such as time sheets, work sheets etc
- Notifying your supervisor/ office when you are aware that consumables need re-ordering in order to maintain continuity of processes.
- Leaving all work areas safe, clean and tidy
- Awareness of and reporting any health & safety issues within the workshop
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses
- To follow Company policy and guidelines on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- To actively seek to make improvements in the work method.
To participate in such activities and training as the company deems necessary.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- GCSEs in Maths & English
- Interest in gaining a qualification and an open mind to further training and development
- PC literate
- Able to listen, understand and carry out instructions
- Logical approach to work with good communication and reasoning abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative and within the team
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to multi-task
- Careful, meticulous and able to work to instruction
- Able to work accurately demonstrating good numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to maintain standards of quality and health & safety
Excellent attendance & punctuality
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
Download job description