Would you like to begin your career in care within a group whose staff training in second to none? If so, this position will give you a fantastic grounding and understanding of the principles of care that will enable you to progress your career in many different directions within the group.
Langdale Lodge offers both Residential and Nursing Care within a rural area with views to the Towns Crooked Spire.
The core values within Langdale Heights are valuing individuality, choice and dignity for all residents. The home has a secure, relaxed and homely environment where prime importance is paced on delivering high standards of care and ensuring the well-being and comforts of its residents
The Home is now in a position to offer an apprenticeship opportunity to someone who is passionate about developing their skills, knowledge and behaviours to enable them to provide excellent resident centred care.
You will study towards an Adult Care Qualification at Level 2 and will have the support of a work place mentor as well as the training and management team.
- To care for all service users' physical needs, their belongings, and their environment.
- To ensure that all service users' needs are being catered for to an acceptable standard as deemed by the home.
- To carry out duties delegated to you by the manager, senior care staff or all relevant management.
- To work with management to ensure that The Langdales Groups aims and objectives are upheld.
- To respect the service users' privacy, dignity and self-respect at all times.
- To maintain a happy and homely atmosphere, working as part of a team.
- To maintain a safe and healthy environment, and to report any breakage/hazard to the management.
- To use and maintain all equipment in a safe and respectful way.
- To comply with instructions from management.
- To show politeness and courtesy to all service users, visitors, and other members of staff.
- To report any malpractice to the management immediately.
- To maintain accurate record keeping of all required paperwork.
- Needs to liaise with the Senior Care assistants to provide accurate information about the Service users care needs so that they may be transferred to a Care Plan.
Personal Care Tasks will include;
- Helping service users to dress/undress
- Helping service users to wash/bathe
- Assist with oral hygiene an maintain oral hygiene.
- Helping service users get into and out of bed
- Assist those service users at mealtimes who require such help
- Help with toileting needs - dealing with/disposing of incontinence waste
Domestic Tasks will include;
- Arrange, set and clear the tables at mealtimes and make and serve tea and coffee at break times.
- Help to serve meals, which may also include some preparation of meals (Basic Food Hygiene Certificate required)
- Keeping dining areas / communal areas clean.
- Keeping drawers tidy
- Cleaning of Toilets, comodes when nescessary.
- Laundry - washing, drying, returning items correctly to the service users, ironing sorting and mending service users clothing.
- Washing up of pots and crockery utilised if necessary.
- Care assistants must Move and Handle in accordance with current legislation. Training will be provided annually or as and when required.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of service users is maintained.
- All employees must handle information appropriately i.e. all information relevant to clients, other members off staff, the organization, any individuals who come into the Home must not be discussed in idle converstation inside or outside the Home (in compliance with the relevant legislation in place).
- All employees must comply with the Home's Equal Opportunities Policy and must not discriminate on the grounds or race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, or any other grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- Care Assisants must ensure that all Activities of Daily Living of the service users are always met and upheld.
- This job description may be reviewed in the light of changed service needs and developments deemed necessary by all relevant management. Any changes will be fully discussed with the employee.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
Download job description