AF Switchgear are looking to recruit an IT support apprentice who will be based at their Head office in Huthwaite.
AF Switchgear are one of the UK's largest switchgear manufacturers and set the standard for LV Switchgear and Power Distribution. They have four manufacturing facilities in Nottinghamshire adjacent to Junction 28 of the M1 giving us transport links all across the country. Their modern design, administration and manufacturing facilities cover over two hectares. They manage every process in house from concept design with end clients and consultants through to commissioning and service. They employ over 250 employees, with over 40 years' experience within the Switchgear industry, with more than £30 million turnover per annum. They specialise in offering fast-track manufacturing of all projects and they have the capacity and capability to meet customer demands with a proven track record. They install and commission all their own equipment. Their IT infrastructure is an essential part of supporting every member of AF Group, whilst ensuring that the day to day operation of the business is conducted smoothly.
- Responsible to Central Services Manager (CSM) for the security, technical support, monitoring and maintaining of the computer systems, networks, hardware and software across the group ensuring users get maximum benefits.
- Responsible to CSM for the technical support in relation to software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person, ensuring users get maximum benefits.
- Working closely with our IT support partners in order to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the IT infrastructure across the group.
- Working closely with our IT support partners in order to provide Applications support across the group.
- IT Help desk coordinator.
- Being first or second-line support which requires the understanding how information systems are used and applying technical knowledge related to computer hardware or software.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Talk staff, or clients, through a series of actions, either face-to-face, via TeamViewer or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Liaise with website developers along with maintenance of websites.
- Ensure all software licenses are recorded and maintained ensuring no risk to the company of breaching licence rules.
- Ensure renewal of all server warranties and support.
- Replace parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports. Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Respond within agreed time limits to notified issues.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Maintain IT crucial details i.e. passwords, IT equipment register, software licence details.
- Place orders re new Company vehicles checking lease agreements and maintaining a vehicle register.
- Maintain HP /Leased equipment register.
- Attend meetings as required/requested.
- Carry out general clerical and other duties as delegated by CSS.
- Actively engender team working, QA compliance, and the successful operation, maintenance/creation of applicable procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Comply with the BS EN ISO 9001 quality system.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Download job description