To be part of the Apprenticeship programme and be trained as a CNC Machinist with ongoing support and scope to progress to higher level apprenticeship. You will learn all aspect of Engineering to excel your skills.
JKS Boyles UK Limited is a leading equipment supplier to the drilling industry, from drilling rigs and wireline drilling systems to drill rods and core bits.
We like to help you select the most advanced and efficient equipment for all your drilling requirements. When we make an offer we like to understand the precise application and work conditions which allow the equipment to be tailored specifically to suit your needs, and enable us to recommend the most economical and efficient equipment available.
CNC Apprentice Machinist Job Description:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Setting Machines - Grades
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices;
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to company process and systems.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- The role will also involve inspection of parts, so you will be familiar with a range in inspection equipment.
Download job description