Do you want to be a mechanical engineer? - FMC Ltd are recruiting an apprentice to set, operate and program as requested various types of machinery and to process work in accordance with Manufacturing and Quality Procedures.
To set, operate and program as requested various types of machinery and carry out tasks classified as requiring multi-skilled competence levels. To process work in accordance with Manufacturing and Quality Procedures and apply developed skills and technical expertise to produce components.
- Understand and operate within the guidelines specified in the Employee Handbook using team working and team self-management to achieve organisational objectives.
- Understand and operate within, Company Policies, Health and Safety Policy, Human Resources Procedures, COSHH, Fire Procedures, Environmental Policy, Permit to Work Procedures, Risk Assessments, Forklift truck rules, relevant company rules and instructions.
- Issue communications, both verbal and written, in a concise, accurate and comprehensible manner and in Standard English Language.
- Understand the business environment in which the company operates, for personal appreciation, appropriate actions and communication.
- Check operation of machine safety systems, including emergency stops and guards.
- Set, operate and program machinery to achieve conforming components.
- Prepare and set tooling, jigs and fixtures, grinding wheels, segments, drills etc. if requested by a Department Manager.
- Prepare, set, regulate and operate machines and produce components.
- Check items of equipment, which wear with use and check machine safety.
- Report any actual or potential tooling or machine problems to Managers of Department.
- Carry out basic lubrication and preventative maintenance.
- Read drawings and understand geometric and surface finish tolerances.
- Use fixed and variable measuring instruments.
- Process work in accordance with manufacturing and quality plans.
- Record production and quality data.
- Organise work so that it is done efficiently.
- Achieve productivity standards at an acceptable performance.
- Develop skills specific to the work and apply those skills.
- Ensure that product quality conforms to customer specifications.
- Replenish machines with consumable items, cutting fluids and oils, etc.
- Work in a tidy and safe manner in order to satisfy Health and Safety Legislation and avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property.
- Wear safety equipment as specified by the Company rules.
- Perform such other duties as may be reasonably required within your capability consistent with the Terms & Conditions of your employment.
- Drive Fork-Lift Trucks if trained to do so, participate in 5S and good housekeeping.
- Train other employees when requested by Department Manager.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
Download job description